We’ve added Yoga Buford!!
Yoga Buford – Total Mind and Body Workout!
Not only, in the month of August, did Gentry’s MMA & Fitness bring us Women’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but also introduced Yoga as a brand new class. Yoga Buford is a great addition to any fitness regime.
Yoga, Like aerobic exercise offers a wide variety of health benefits: it is proven to improve strength, flexibility, and posture with added benefits of, better sleep, clarity of thought, lowered risk for heart disease and some forms of cancer, you feel more energized, better mood, and what many people struggle with, it aids in weight control. Not only can yoga benefit your body, but also your mind. Studies have shown that Yoga Buford can help decrease feeling of depression and anxiety significantly, as well as lowering overall stress levels. If you struggle in any of these areas why not give Yoga a try.
Hatha yoga, is the most commonly found form of yoga here in the west. Hatha Yoga Buford is comprised of a system of physical exercises for the control and perfection of the body. This is done through a sequence of positions otherwise known as poses. In executing these positions you are engaging your whole body, in proper alignment, and holding the position for growing periods of time. In increasing the time you hold each position, you will continuously be improving your body as a whole through balance, flexibility, and strength.
Some basic position you might want to try out:
- Start out standing, facing forward, with your legs 3-4 feet apart
- Then you want to turn your right foot out 90 degrees and turn your left foot in slightly.
- Bring your hands up to your hips and relax your shoulders, extend your arms out to the sides palms facing down.
- Bend your right knee 90 degrees, making sure knee stays over ankle, face looking out over right hand.
- Hold for one minute then repeat, switching sides.
- Stand tall with shoulders relaxed, arms at your sides, and feet together.
- While taking a deep breath raise your hands over your head, palms facing each other, arms extended straight.
- Fingers should be extended to the sky.
- Begin with hands and feet on the floor. Hands should be directly under your shoulders, and your knees under your hips.
- Walk your hands forward a few inches, then spread your fingers wide and press your palms into the floor.
- Feet planted curl toes under and push hips up towards the ceiling. You should be in an inverted V. Press your shoulders away from your ears. Slightly bend your knees keeping your feet at hip-width.
- Hold for 3 breaths.
Try these in the morning to wake you up and make you feel more energized, or right before you go to bed, to unwind and let all the stress from your day melt away. And of course remember to join us at Gentry’s MMA & Fitness, for Yoga Buford Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sat morning, with Nya Tate.